The all new Holden Commodore has been revealed.
From potentially life-saving safety technology features, to active driving technology and seamless infotainment, the all-new Commodore will make driving safer, easier, more involving and more connected than ever before for existing, as well as a whole lot of new, Holden enthusiasts.
Going on sale in New Zealand early in 2018, the new Commodore range will be headlined by the V6 flagship model. With a cutting-edge all-wheel-drive system channeling 230 kilowatts and 370 Newton metres to the road, combined with adaptive suspension technology, a company-first nine-speed automatic transmission and torque-vectoring all-wheel drive, the next-generation Commodore will continue to cement Holden’s reputation for class-leading driving dynamics and on-road refinement.
Jeremy Tassone, Holden Australia’s Engineering Group Manager for Vehicle Development, said the technical underpinnings of the next Commodore also represents Holden’s commitment to bringing the best vehicles from around the word to customers Down Under.
In addition to the Commodore’s unique all-wheel-drive system, further details surrounding the ‘FlexRide’ suspension system have also been confirmed. The continuously adaptable FlexRide chassis electro-hydraulically adapts the dampers to the road and the driving conditions 500 times per second or 30,000 times per minute.
Additionally, the driver can save personal preferences for the steering characteristics, throttle response and dampers via the ‘Sport’ button.
- ‘Standard’: The automatic control selects the best set-up based on the information collected by the vehicle sensors.
- ‘Tour’: Comfortable chassis configuration, and throttle response for best fuel consumption and most relaxed touring. The right mode for relaxing long-distance drives.
- ‘Sport’: Brake dive is reduced, flat and responsive chassis control at high speeds and the throttle and steering provide more direct feedback.
The new central ‘Drive Mode Control’ software is the heart and soul of the adaptive chassis. It continuously analyses the information provided by the sensors and setting and recognizes the individual driving style. The individual systems are optimized for the best traction and road position.
NEXT-GENERATION HOLDEN COMMODORE KEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Cutting-edge driver assistance systems and technology:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Speed Limit Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keep Assist
- Forward Collision Alert
- Side Blind-Zone Alert
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- 360-degree Camera
- Next-generation comfort and convenience technologies:
- Massage Seats
- Rear one-touch folding seats
- Heated Front and Rear seats
- Ventilated Front seats
- Express up/down all windows
- Wagon power lift-gate
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Next-generation Commodore built in Germany on all-new, global E2 architecture shared with Opel Insignia
- Lightweight construction methods result in approximately 200kg weight savings compared to current Commodore
- Flagship model offers V6 AWD drivetrain with Holden-first 9-speed transmission
- V6 engine delivers 230kW / 370Nm while being incredibly efficient thanks to Stop-Start technology and Active Fuel Management
- 0T petrol and 2.0T diesel front-wheel drive models also coming to New Zealand
- Liftback and Sportwagon body-styles
- Cutting-edge, adaptive all-wheel-drive system with torque vectoring and twin-clutch (‘Twinster’) rear differential system
- Adaptive ‘Flexride’ suspension system offers three settings: ‘Tour’, ‘Standard’ and ‘Sport’
- Next-generation matrix lighting system
- Infotainment includes:
- Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- 8-inch configurable LCD instrument display,
- next-gen head-up display
Additional details and information to be confirmed closer to launch.