Driveline is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Driveline is bound by the Privacy Act 1993 (which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of the personal information of individuals).
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of this Site which can be viewed without providing personal information. However, for access to future Driveline customer support features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. The kinds of personal information Driveline collects will vary depending on the particular product or service being provided and may include:
- personal details such as your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- financial information about your assets, occupation and/or income, account balances, activities relating to those accounts, payment history and transactions with us or third parties; and
- information about your credit history.
In what ways does Driveline collect personal information from you?
Driveline generally will collect your personal information directly from you, through finance applications and other business forms online and/or in hard copy. There may also be occasions when Driveline collects your personal information from other sources such as from credit reporting agencies or publicly maintained records.
Why does Driveline need to collect your personal information?
Driveline needs to collect your personal information for the purposes of providing Driveline and/or partner funder products and services and for any necessary related purposes. These include:
- Supply of commercial and consumer vehicle leasing and funding arrangements;
- To evaluate and monitor credit worthiness ;
- To allow response to your enquiries about applications, accounts or services;
- To better understand your needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
- Driveline supplied and/or partner funder supplied accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- So that Driveline may identify and continually inform you of products and services that may be of interest; and
- any other legal and regulatory requirements.
There is no obligation for you to provide your personal information to Driveline. However, without certain information from you, Driveline and/or its funding partners may not be able to provide its services to you.
Sharing of your personal information
Driveline generally only discloses your personal information for the purposes for which it has collected it. Driveline will only disclose your personal information for a purpose related to the provision of its products and services.
This may include disclosing your personal information to third parties engaged to perform related services such as:
- data processing and market research services;
- regulatory and compliance purposes;
- updating of credit information to credit reporting agencies;
- legal and settlement services;
These disclosures will always be on a confidential basis. Driveline may at times also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach this Site, Driveline collects the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing this Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, Driveline may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If information practices change in the future Driveline will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access and request correction to your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Driveline reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.