It’s amazing how 2017 has just flown by.
In this time, a lot of vehicles have been designed, built unveiled, reviewed and driven. The movers and shakers in the industry are making bold predictions. It’s fair to say there’s a lot on right now. So here’s the run down on what’s been going on in the automotive industry here in New Zealand and abroad.
- After snapping up the World Car of the Year Award at the New York Motor Show, Jaguar will be developing a compact SUV; the E-Pace.
- Car adverts will need to go back to basics. The Advertising Standards Authority reported that car ads receive a lot of complaints in 2016. NZ Auto Car has a look at some of them.
- What cars do people hold onto the longest? Car and Driver looks through the stats to find the top 10.
- The brand new Suzuki Baleno has arrived in New Zealand. It packs 20% more power than other Baleno engines and a storage capacity of 355 litres.
- With a long line of successful cars, Kia has recently topped a consumer quality survey.
- The Volkswagen Kombi is starting to appear on the roads again. Also know as the hippie wagon, the Kombi will this time be on battery power.
- Simon Evans continues his impressive form in the NZ Touring Car Championship.
- What’s the main cause of in arguments? According to an article on Driven, it those pesky back seat drivers.