If you blinked, you might have missed it.
Which is why we’ve done the hard work to bring you the latest car news. Here is a rundown on what’s been happening.
- The Ford Ranger has been New Zealand’s best selling new car for a while now. However, it will only relaunch in the USA in 2019. Renowed car blogger David Gluckman couldn’t wait until then. So he came to New Zealand to see what all the fuss about the Ranger is about. You can see what he had to say in the video here.
- While some luxury car brands have successfully innovated and reinvented their fleets, others have fallen by the wayside. Stuff writer Damien O’Carroll has a look at five luxury car brands which failed to take off.
- Public hearings for a planned $1.8 billion road in Auckland have begun. It will connect State Highway 1 at Sylvia Park to State Highway 16 at Onehunga. Here’s the rundown on it.
- Tesla is slowly moving into the NZ car market. Dave Mcleod from Tarmc.net has a look at the Model S.
- Autotalk has a look at the new BMW X3.
- Also, here’s an interesting piece of news. Flying cars are almost here. PAL-V International will start production of it’s air and land vehicles in October 2018.
- KiwiRail’s decision to go with Diesel powered trains could have a negative impact on the environment. A renewable energy expert says it will also offset any benefits from an increased presence of electric vehicles.