The weekly car news keeps on tracking along. Here are some of the things which caught our eye.
So here are some of the news grabbing headlines.
- The waterview connection tunnel that connects Auckland’s northwestern and southwestern motorways was opened on July 1. The project cost $1.4 billion and took 5 years to complete.
- Ferrari celebrated it’s 70th birthday in style at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. 70 classic Ferrari cars made an appearance at the event. Driven NZ has the full rundown of the event.
- Electric vehicle ownership keeps on climbing. The number of electric vehicles registered in NZ now stands at 3,700.
- Will self driving electric vehicles make car ownership disappear? We investigated whether or not the claim holds up in our latest SunLive column.
- Mercedes New Zealand showcased their latest vehicles at their open day. Dave McLeod from Tarmc went along to experience their latest fleet.
- Records continue to fall. New car ownership sales in New Zealand surge past previous records. Share Chat looks into what has been driving it.