Has it been an exciting week in the automotive industry or what? There are new makes and models coming out and those PR stunt just seem to get bigger and wackier.
So here’s the rundown on what’s been happening
- Is there any stopping the roar of Jaguar? The luxury car company pulled off one of the most audacious publicity stunts, a 15.3m barrel roll. As you’ll see in the video, it’s quite a feat.
- Also, what about the Kia Sportage? The Korean manufacturer has received another glowing review, this time from Driven Magazine.
- Petrol and Diesel powered cars will soon become a thing of the past in Great Britain. This is after reports in various newspapers say that all cars in the nation must be electric by 2040.
- This has pushed automotive giant BMW into action. They’ll be producing an electric Mini that’ll be coming off the production line in 2019.
- Mercedes Benz is moving into the Ute market. So here’s the video of their X-Class Ute launch in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Two little know facts about the Jeep Grand Cherokee are how powerful and big this SUV is. Tarmc’s Dave McLeod found that out when he took it for a spin.
- Car imports into New Zealand have topped $500 million for the first time. Autotalk has the full rundown on things here.