Mike’s dilemma: Upgrade his ute next year or act now to beat the tax increase? This Ford Ranger Sport V6 monthly payment plan solved it…
Mike Thompson* is an ambitious project manager in the construction industry. He is known for his attention to detail, efficiency, and ability to manage complex projects. He has been working in this field for over a decade and has established a solid reputation for delivering projects on time and within budget.
But Mike is at a crossroads. With the ute tax on his dream Ford Ranger 4X4 Sport 3.0L V6 Diesel Double Cab Ute with 10-speed Auto due to skyrocket an astronomical 68% on 1 July 20233, what does he do?
It’s not like Mike to be indecisive, but his current ute wasn’t due for replacement until next year. On the other hand, it grates that he’ll have to pay a 68% higher ute tax if he waits…
Ford Ranger 4X4 Sport 3.0L V6 diesel double cab ute with 10-speed auto
- Emissions: 254g/km of CO2 (source)
- Current Clean Car Fee: $3,910 (source)
- Clean Car Fee from 1 July 2023: $6,555 (source)
Ford Ranger Sport V6 Monthly Payment Plan
When Mike got an email from Driveline saying they had secured a limited supply of only 7 Ford Ranger Sport V6 diesels and a discounted monthly payment plan, he came to a decision on the spot. It was a real no-brainer…
Ford Ranger Sport V6 monthly payment plan:
- Normally from $1,189 +gst per month
- Special from only $1,089 +gst per month
- Only 7 available in limited colours ex-Auckland.
- From 1 July 2023 the ute tax increase will push the Ford Ranger Sport V6 monthly payment plan up to $1,251 +gst per month.
- Be quick to beat the ute tax increase!
- Offer ends 31 May 2023 or when all 7 utes are gone, whichever comes first.
- See our Ford Ranger page for details and full T&Cs.
Seizing the Opportunity
The clock was ticking, and Mike knew he had to act swiftly. With his professional and recreational requirements in mind, he managed to secure his dream vehicle just in time.
By acting swiftly, he avoided the additional taxes that would have burdened his budget. This timely decision not only saved him money but also provided him with a reliable and efficient vehicle for years to come.
Why Ford Ranger Sport V6 3.0L Diesel?
Mike needs a ute that can handle his construction projects, accommodate his family, and tow his beloved boat. The Ford Ranger Sport V6 offers the perfect blend of durability, performance, and versatility.
Mike especially likes the robust towing capacity of the Ford Ranger Sport V6. The tow/haul mode optimises performance when towing heavy loads, which means he can tow his boat with ease, even on hills. Tow/haul mode works by optimising gear shift timing to maintain best power delivery and engine braking.
And the trailer sway control technology helps maintain stability while towing, reducing any unwanted sway caused by crosswinds or uneven loads.
As an aside, check out this YouTube video for a fascinating insight into the ideal load distribution on a trailer. They tested 7 different weight setups to help you set up your trailer for maximum stability.
Cargo Bed & Accessories
The Ford Ranger Sport offers a spacious cargo bed that can accommodate fishing gear, coolers, tackle boxes, and all the other equipment needed for a successful fishing trip.
On the work front, the new Ford Ranger has a wider track with more room between the wheel arches. You can now load a standard-size Euro pallet (1200mm x 800mm) in the bed.
Mike enjoys remote fishing spots and the odd off-road adventure. With its high ground clearance, robust suspension, 4X4 capability and multiple drive modes, the Ford Ranger Sport V6 is an absolute off-road beast.
Selectable Drive Modes
New Selectable Drive Modes optimise performance for different surfaces, road conditions and vehicle usage.
Depending on the Ranger model, selectable drive modes include the following:
- Normal. This mode is designed for everyday use. Tailored for road driving and calibrated to deal with most conditions.
- Eco. Maximises fuel economy by delivering progressive power and early gear shifts together with more economical cruise control tuning and tailored climate control strategies.
- Tow Haul. For use whilst towing or carrying heavy loads. Optimises gear shift timing to maintain best power delivery and engine braking.
- Slippery. For use on slippery road surfaces. The engine and transmission work in conjunction with unique Ford Stability Control to help to reduce wheel spin.
- Mud/Ruts. Tuned to maximise grip during launch and maintain vehicle momentum while also allowing wheels to spin up at speed and clear mud from the tyre tread.
- Sand. For use on soft sand and deep snow. Optimised power delivery and gear shifts along with tuned Ford Stability Control to maintain vehicle momentum and minimise braking distances.
Ford Ranger Sport V6 Monthly Payment Plan
Get into a new Ford Ranger Sport V6 Diesel Double Cab Ute with 10-speed Auto quick for a discounted monthly payment plan AND beat the ute tax increase.
• • •
Get in touch to learn more about our Ford Ranger Sport V6 Monthly Payment Plan…
*Mike Thompson is a fictitious person based on real Driveline clients.