Half of the year is almost over.
But that only makes things more interesting. It’s that time of the year when the trade shows and new car models come out.
There’s plenty of other things on too. So here are some of the latest news grabbing headlines from the automotive industry.
- The National Field Days are in full swing at the moment down at Mystery Creek, Waikato. We snapped a few photos of the sharp looking Utes on display there. For the top 10 auto attractions, check out Stuff.co.nz’s rundown.
- Former Top Gear host Richard Hammond had a lucky escape when he crashed an electric super-car.
- Mitsubishi has grown its overall market share in New Zealand to 6.3%. With vehicles like the Triton and Pajero, it recently enjoyed a sixth successive year of growth.
- The new Holden Astra has been confirmed.
- Driven.co.nz got an exclusive test drive with the new Lamborghini Huracan.
- The Renault Trafic has been awarded Van of the Year by LCV Magazine.
- Elon Musk has unveiled some of the latest models in the Tesla fleet; the Model 3 and the Model Y
- A 20B Fiat vs a V8 Supercar. Who do you reckon will come out on top. Watch the full video here.