When it comes to vehicle management, there is a swathe of information to keep track of and lots of rules and regulations to adhere to. Without a proper system in place to handle this, maintaining the vehicle fleet can be quite tricky.
Whether you’ve got a vehicle fleet size of 5 or 200, adopting a fleet management system can simplify things.
Here are five benefits which your organisation can enjoy from using a Fleet Management system.
- Everything is in one place- The technology and connectivity of modern fleet management systems is better than ever. Fleet Management systems are capable of storing, organising and updating more information now than ever before. With records filed away, or scattered across multiple spreadsheets and computer programs, finding what you need can take a while. A cloud-based system makes it simple to access your information any time, any place.
- Cost savings- Fleet Management systems help businesses make better decisions around fleet vehicles. You can see which vehicles are economical and which ones are expensive to keep on the road. One client of ours was shocked to find out that one of their Utes had a service and repair bill that was $5,000 more than any other vehicle in the fleet over the last two years. How did they miss it? Maintenance costs on older vehicles can mount up without business owners realising the extent of the problem. Sometimes, it’s more cost effective to upgrade a vehicle rather than keep spending money on it. If you’re not keeping tabs on the costs, it’s easy to just keep pouring money into a never-ending pit. Fleet Management software lets you keep on top of expenses and get rid of the more costly vehicles in your fleet.
- Reporting Features- A fleet management system lets you have an overview of what’s happening in the fleet. When vehicles change from one driver to another, or one location to another, it’s handy to have a record in case of an infringement or dispute. In addition, knowing the fuel consumption of your vehicles helps you identify which drivers may need further training on how to operate the vehicle more efficiently.
- Compliance- New Zealand law defines a vehicle used for business purposes as a workplace. Fleet Management helps you keep your vehicles compliant and your staff safe on the road. This not only reduces the risk of an accident, but also mitigates against fines and increased insurance premiums.
- Shared responsibility – Fleet Management needn’t be a one-person job. When vehicles are out on the road all the time, it’s nearly impossible to keep track of when Wof’s, Rego’s, RUC’s and services are due. A good fleet management system helps ease the burden by spreading the load across admin staff and drivers, making the whole system more effective. Modern fleet management creates fluid, interconnected solution tailor made for your business.