TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SHORT TERM CAR LEASES
These terms and conditions relate to Driveline Fleet’s short term car lease product…
- The lease agreement is a legal contract between Driveline Fleet Ltd (Driveline), as the supplier, and the hirer (Lessee).
- The term and kilometre allowance may be adapted to suit the individual requirements of the Lessee prior to the execution of the lease agreement.
- Driveline credit criteria apply.
- The lease package is only available to NZ registered trading entities, where the vehicle is to be used primarily for business purposes, and the lessor has a NZ bank account (not credit card) from which lease payments will be drawn by direct debit.
- No ownership of the leased vehicle will be conferred upon the Lessee at any time during or after the lease period.
- The Lessee must keep the vehicle insured with a suitable insurer at all times during the lease period, and agrees to abide by all legal or other requirements of the insurance policy so as to avoid nullification of the policy.
- The Lessee will be responsible for all fuel, Road User Charges and any other running costs not covered by the Driveline Maintenance Agreement.
- The vehicle must be treated with due care and respect.
- The Lessee is responsible for ensuring the vehicle is maintained at the correct time, and for making the vehicle available to the correct service provider when required.
- The Driveline Maintenance Agreement specifically excludes any damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse or negligence on the part of the Lessee.
- The Lessee may not modify the vehicle in way, or remove anything originally supplied with it.
- The Lessee is responsible for returning the vehicle to Driveline or its agent at the location where the Lessee originally took possession of the vehicle.
- Upon return, Driveline or its agent will assess the vehicle in accordance with our Fair Wear & Tear Guide. The cost of any refurbishment that falls outside of the guidelines will be recoverable from the Lessee.
- Charges will apply when the vehicle is returned having travelled materially in excess of the kilometre allowance stated in the lease agreement. Charges will be between $0.10 and $0.17 +GST per km depending on vehicle model.